Monday, April 19, 2010

Fruit Pizza BITES

I was blog hopping and I discovered this recipe on
bloom
and I realized that it would be perfect to take
for a couples date night with some friends!
I love fruit pizza...and I thought that these would be fun...
they are miniature-little pizzas....
and we all know how much I like the littler portions...
(makes you think they aren't as fattening!)

I have to tell you, I have never seen a recipe for the cream cheese part
that calls for lemon juice.
I thought it was perfect...paired with the fruit.
It really is worth it to make these...
although if your kids will let you get through frosting them before eating them all..
or BEGGING you for "just one mom, pllleeeeeeaasssssssseeeeeeee!"

Give it a try...especially since fruit is in season,
the weather is nice.
It will make you wish for summer that much quicker!

Fruit Pizza Bites
(from a place to bloom)


1 (16 oz) Pillsbury sugar cookie dough roll
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon juice
AND ANY FRUIT YOU WANT!
For mine, I used:
strawberries
blueberries
raspberries
Preheat oven to 325*.
Slice the cookie dough pretty thin,
trying to do it as thin as you can without it crumbling.
(I'm really not good with measurements)

Place onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 - 8 minutes.

Allow to cool.
In a seperate bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice.
Mix until combined and creamy.
Spread onto cooled cookies.
You can go pretty liberal, there is enough cream cheese for all these babies!
Decorate with fruit as desired.

Hopefully this nice warm weather will make me want to start baking again!
Sorry I have been a slacker.
I just can't get into it.
Thanks for supporting me though.
Look for more recipes to come!

1 comment:

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!