Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rolo Cake Mix Cookies

My other chocolate cake mix cookies were exactly my favorite,
however,
my friend Hollie told me that she has had those cookies,
but with the Rolo candy inside.
That thought was VERY interesting
So I decided I had to try it.
Besides, the cake mixes were on sale at Walmart for $.78.
BONUS!
All I have to say is,
these did not disappoint.
ROLO CAKE MIX COOKIES
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 pkg rolo candies
Preheat oven to 350*
Using a hand mixer, combine cake mix and egg in a mixing bowl.
Unwrap the Rolo candies. (Kim)
The cake/cookie dough will be sticky.
To avoid too much sticky-ness, I dropped the dough into sugar.
Then, I formed the dough into a flat circle.
Place the rolo in the center, and then covering the rolo with the cookie dough.
Make sure you don't have TOO much cookie dough.
You just want enough to cover the rolo.
Then, roll the ball in the sugar for a light coating.
Place on a cookie sheet.
I usually get about 20 cookies to a sheet.
That's the size they should be.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove to cookie rack for cooling.
Just to warn you,
there will be some cookies that have some caramel oozing.
For those of you that are worried about that,
just eat them right now.
There, no worries!

P.S. I just got this cool rounded corners action for photoshop.
You will be seeing a lot more rounded corners from me!
I LOVE the look!

13 comments:

  1. I think I just realized we have a love/hate relationship. I LOVE your recipes and I HATE that you know how baking handicapped I am.


    (PS..I've never left the wrapping on, just tried to melt wax paper in the oven..c'mon I can't be the only one?! ....Really...Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow... that has my mouth watering. Yummy! I've made cake mix cookies before - but these look soooo good. I'm heading out the the store for Rolo's right now. Yummy goodness this afternoon. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad i came here through the blogroll.... U have yummy desserts served to feast on....

    Happy Blogging!!!!

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks awesome, I would love to try it some time soon.

    Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and entering my little giveaway for the pecans. Sorry you didn't win this time but please come visit again soon.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look wonderful. I love rolos! These look very similar to the magic in the middle cookies I made a few weeks ago. I wonder if the chocolate cookie part is the same, just with a different center? hmm...that opens up a lot of potential tasty options doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookie look amazing and the recipe seams easy - just the way I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very yummy blog you have and Congrats on the foodie blogroll!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments guys! These cookies really were good. I made them on a Friday and still had some left on sunday so I took them to my family, and there were still soft and chewy! They were very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice site! Stumbled upon it via foodie blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These look fantastic. Rolos are my candy of choice. Thanks for the brilliant post, and thank your grandmother:)

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!