Monday, September 14, 2009

Let the cooking begin!!!

I just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is KC. I am a mother to 2 beautiful kids, Brooklyn who is 4 and Brison is just 2. I have been married to my husband for 6 years.
I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but wasn't really sure what kind I wanted to do. I really have been mulling it over in my head for about a month. I was trying to decide what would be best for ME to do. I am not crafty, I am not clever enough to write witty things, and I do not want to share with the world things about my kids...i'm too freaked out that somebody would come and kidnap them or something.
One thing is for sure...I love to cook. Even when I was pregnant with my daughter and slowly dying of starvation and morning sickness, I would just lay in bed or on the couch and I would watch cooking shows. Couldn't eat anything, but loved to watch them!
Now to decide WHAT type of cooking blog I could do....
It wasn't too hard to decide on desserts.
Both of my grandmothers were/are excellent cooks! We visit my Grandma Cleo every other Sunday and she ALWAYS has a different dessert for us to eat. My Grandma Penny, when she was alive, would always have something sweet for us to eat as well. Also, haven't we all thought "I wish I had a new dessert to take to that neighborhood party", or wishing you could pass out recipe cards when your friends get together for dinner.
So, here it is. Grandma's Desserts.
My idea is to have a recipe with a picture to go along with it, maybe even step by step instructions!
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Let it begin! :) So excited to see all the new updates! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!