Thursday, October 22, 2009

Caramel Crispy Treats

Are you ready for a new treat?
This has the caramel flavor that I love,
with a crispy rice *snap* as well!
And...who doesn't like chocolate!
Caramel Crispy Treats
1 pkg refrigerated cookie dough
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, wrappers removed
3 tbsp milk
2 cups crispy rice cereal
mini m&m's as desired
Preheat oven to 350*
In a small mini-muffin pan, place small tablespoons of sugar cookie
dough. Press dough into bottom and up the sides of the tin.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will be puffy. Gently press down the
center of each cookie, return to the oven for 1 minute and then
remove. Cool cookies in muffin tin for 5 minutes.
Gently remove from tin and cool on wire rack.

In a small sauce pan, melt caramel with milk over low heat,
stirring frequently until smooth.
Stir in cereal.
You may want to add less cereal, depending if you want it more
caramel, or more cereal for the mixture. I wanted more cereal,
so I added the full 2 cups.
Stir until coated.
Add spoonfulls of mixture to cookie cups to heaping, and add m&m's.

It's a fun little treat! It would even work for non-halloween,
just add all the colored mini m&m's.
(Yes, I went through and sorted my mini m&m's to get just the
orange and brown...I need therapy!)
Bite size fun!

2 comments:

  1. I like how you mentioned to remove the wrappers from the caramel. I'm sure that was for me, we've all learned this week that I need SPECIFIC instructions! Ü Look delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It looks like a kid pleaser for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!