Saturday, October 10, 2009

Golden Graham S'mores

Who doesn't love a good ol' fashion camp fire?
Roasting marshmallows, melting chocolate, graham crackers.
Now that the weather has turned cold, do you wish you could still have that?
(I mean the s'mores, not the fire!)
Well, YOU CAN!
These are the easiest version of a s'more that I have ever seen!

GOLDEN GRAHAM S'MORES

3/4 c. light corn syrup
3 tbsp butter
1 12 oz package chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. miniature marshmallows
1 pkg. (12 oz) Golden Graham cereal (9 cups)
One greased jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet pan)


In a large pot, bring syrup, butter and morsels to boiling, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

In a large, seperate bowl, pour chocolate mixture over cereal.
Mix until all cereal is coated.

Fold in marshmallows 1 cup at a time.

Press in greased pan.
Let stand for 1 hour.

Pour yourself a nice glass of milk, grab a camp chair, and set
it up in your living room. There's even enough s'mores to
invite over your camping buddies to talk about the
the fun times you had during the summer.

3 comments:

  1. I loved these! I am making them for sure! Thanks KC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great, they quickly disappeared... my brother in law ate 6 of them :)

    I'm not sure what went wrong, but I had to use less grahams than specified. I have a feeling someone was snagging the chocolate, so be careful when adding cereal.

    I have found with these types of desserts, lining the cookie sheet with plastic works best - if not, no matter how much butter you use, they are impossible to get out.

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!