Thursday, October 1, 2009

Root Beer Float Cookies

This recipe was given to me by my coworker who told me I absolutely "had to try these!"
So, today I did,
and
greatful I am!
These are DELICIOUS!
Thanks Chastity!
IF there are any left over, i'll bring them in to work!
Notice, that's a BIG if!
Root Beer Float Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tsp. root beer extract
1 tsp. vanille
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375*

In a bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, buttermilk, eggs,
root beer extract and vanilla.
Combine until well blended.
(for some reason, I used a hand held mixer...don't know why
I guess I was excited. I will use a mixer next time!)
Add flour, baking soda and salt.

Beat at a low speed until soft dough forms.

Drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
(I use parchment paper...easy clean up!)
(I also used my smallest Pampered Chef scoop)

Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely!
Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. half and half
4 tsp. butter, softened
2 tsp. root beer extract

In a seperate bowl, combine ingredients until well blended
and the consistency of frosting.
I added about another tbsp. of half and half
to get it where I wanted it!
Make sure it is not TOO runny!
The frosting needs to dry before storing.

Making them this small, I made about 60 cookies.
I think by the time I frosted them,
there were 50 left.
If they are small, the calories aren't as high....right?
Right!
These are REALLY good!

If you make them,
i'd be interested in knowing what you thought of them!
Leave me a comment and let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Love this new blog. Everything sounds so yummy. Can't wait to try these rootbeer float cookies.
    How are you cooking this much and staying so little? Share your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same recipe that Cafe Johnsonia made for Make and Takes, I think it might be! My mother in law made these for our family and we were half and half. Half of us (included me) LOVED them and the other half did not. I am now craving them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Root beer cookies were so yummy, thanks so much for bringing them by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to let you know that my daughter used the Root Beer Float Cookies recipe for the Montgomery County Fair this weekend. There were over 150 entries and she received 3rd overall. Everyone LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another WIN for your cookies. They were Grand Champion at the Wilson County Fair (TX). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another WIN for your cookies. They were Grand Champion at the Wilson County Fair (TX). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!