Monday, October 26, 2009

No Bake Cookies

Yes, it's true.
I have NEVER made these.
Maybe in high school, but who's young enough to remember that?
I didn't even have a recipe for it!
I grabbed this one from my friend Morgan's cookbook.
Thanks Morgan!
NO-BAKE COOKIES
4 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
6 cups quick oats, uncooked
1 cup coconut (optional)
In a large sauce pan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa and mix well.
Bring to a boil over low heat and boil for one minute.
Add peanut butter, stirring until melted.
Add oats and coconut.

Mix well.

Using your scoop, (because I like things to be the same size)
drop onto wax paper.

Let stand until set. Keep them away from your son that is allergic to peanuts!

The best part about these...NO BAKING!
That was a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!