Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Roll

Now, please, nobody look at this recipe and think...
this is too hard.
Because, I guarantee you,
it is NOT!
I've had this recipe for a while, but to be honest with you,
this is my first time making it myself.
And, it was NOT hard.
Besides, it is TOO GOOD to not make!
Once it's been in the fridge and cooled, oh my goodness!

Pumpkin Roll

3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin

Filling

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375*
Using a jelly roll pan, line with parchment paper.
Get a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar.

Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer until thick.
Add flour, soda, powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
Continue mixing until all ingredients are combined.
Pour evenly into pan.
It will be very thin.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, use a toothpick to make sure it is done.
Turn cake onto powdered sugar towel.

Carefully peel off paper.

Roll up cake in towel, starting with the narrow end.
Cool on wire rack.
For best results, cool for at least 3 hours.

Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Carefully unroll the cake and remove the towel.
Now, the next picture isn't *pretty*, but it's what I do.

Take spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture and place them on the cake.
It makes it easier to spread, and doesn't tear the cake.

Spread evenly across the cake, making sure to get to the edge.

Roll cake back up the way it was originally rolled.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Place in fridge for at least one hour.

Oh my GOSH! So good!

7 comments:

  1. This looks too hard! :) So, where does one buy parchment paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautirul! I have always thought a pumpkin roll was too hard then I see people bringing them to ward dinners and I realize that those people are just like me and if they can do I can do it! Now I have a recipe! Am I going to do it? Maybe if I can find some parchment paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbor has gotten some from the store. Check Walmart maybe by the *professional* cake stuff...it might be there. I got mine from Pampered Chef like 5 years ago and am just NOW running out, just because I am just NOW starting to bake more! hmmmm, wonder why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find parchment paper at most grocery stores in the same place the tin foil and plastic wrap are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also buy a big packet (100 count I think) at Kitchen Kneads

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter made this for our church's Thanksgiving supper 2010. A few days later the Pastor's wife called and paid my daughter to make one for her family gathering on Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the rolls look delicious - so pretty! the caramel drizzle sounds amazing - love the hint of coconut oil in it. :)

    regards,
    russel of Injury Attorney Anchorage

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!