Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

First of all, let me say that yes, those are my kids in the background...
they wanted to be my helpers.
And yes, they are in their pajamas
(you probably can't tell that.)
So, if they are in their pj's
that must mean it is night time.
Which means it is dark outside.
which means these pictures don't look so hot!
For that, I apologize.
I am actually embarassed at how bad these pictures look.
Because this dessert is SO GOOD!
Don't be surprised to come back and see new pictures.
I actually had a lot of people upset at me that they didn't get to try these...
so I'll have to make more!

So, let's get this party started!

Pumpkin Bars
2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup oil
(3/4 cup is acceptable as well..if you don't like to use a ton of oil)
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon


In your mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.

In a seperate bowl,
combine all dry ingredients.

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Make sure they are incorporated well.

Pour into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.
Now for the GOOD STUFF!
Cream Cheese Frosting!

1/2 cube margarine
4 oz. cream cheese
4 cups powder sugar (more if needed)
1 tsp. vanilla
Add all ingredients and with an electric mixer, beat ingredients
until thick.
Add more powdered sugar as needed.
You will want the frosting to be thick enough that it holds it shape...
like below.

Let the bars COOL COMPLETELY.
Applying the frosting is something you need to take your time with.
The top of the bars peel off very easily, and that just messes up your
pretty & delicious frosting.
What I do is put dollops of frosting all over the bars and then slowly
spread it out evenly over the bars.
Just take your time with it and it will be ok!

Don't these look delicious?
Well, they are!
I took them to work with me, because
I cannot eat all these desserts I am baking!
They were gone within 2 hours!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this recipe! Thanks for sharing. Visit my blog for a picture of the finished product. My nieghbors loved it too! I used it to share as a little halloween treat! www.coryandkimberli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!