Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cinnamon Cake

This recipe is such a fun twist on your traditional cinnamon roll!
It is absolutely delicious!
(so far, what on this blog isn't?)
So, get busy bakin'!
CINNAMON CAKE
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
5 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup melted margarine
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup melted margarine
1 tbls flour
1 tbls cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375*
Cake mixture
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
Sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla.
I like to melt the margarine and let it cool a little before mixing it with everything.
(the picture shows butter, but DO NOT us butter...I would say go with margarine on this one!)
Once ALL of the above ingredients are combined,
pour onto a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
Cinnamon Topping

Now, in a seperate bowl, we are making the cinnamon topping.
You need to melt ANOTHER cube of margarine..
(or butter. I think it would be fine in this one!)
Once you melt the butter, you can add the flour, cinnamon and brown sugar.
Make sure that all the brown sugar is dissolved..no clumps.
Pour the cinnamon mixture on top of the cake.
I don't think it matters on any type of *pattern*

Swirl the cinnamon mixture through the cake with a knife.

(I forgot to take a picture before I put it in the oven!)

Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.

Now for the frosting!!!

Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbls milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla

Mix in a bowl until all ingredients are combined and powdered sugar is dissolved.
This is the cake just out of the oven.

Drizzle glaze over the cake while it is HOT!

Serve with a tall glass of milk!
It is wonderful either fresh out of the oven or when it has cooled down.

2 comments:

  1. This one looks extra yummy!!! I'm really enjoying your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love the blog. I just wish I lived closer and I could be an official taster.

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!