Friday, October 16, 2009

Homemade Oreo Cookies

This is a *sneak peak* of things to come!

I've been thinking of things to post,
what dessert to make next.
(believe me, I have a ton!
So many friends have offered their recipes,
and, don't forget, grandma's recipe box too!)
So, what i've decided to do
is
COOKIE WEEK
(it might end up being cookie 2 weeks)
However, I am going to do some cute Halloween treats for the next couple of posts,
in honor of the up and coming holiday!

But, let's get to the task at hand.

You will not believe how SOFT, CHEWY AND DELICIOUS these are!
Oh, did I mention EASY, SIMPLE AND FAST!

HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES

First, you need to decide how many of the delicious cookies you want to make.
*Half* the recipe made 44 cookies, which, when you put them together, makes 22 cookies.
I made half, wishing I would have made the *full* recipe.
I will give you the full recipe. Make it, you won't regret it!

2 Devi's Food cake mixes
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup shortening

8 oz. cream cheese
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter
Preheat oven to 350*


Combine cake mix, eggs and shortening. Mix with hand beater
until all the ingredients are combined.

I LOVE my pampered chef scoops. I use the small scoop.
Whatever size you use, you want to make sure that they
are all the same size, because you are putting them together.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Now for the DELICIOUS center!!!
Using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
I used my pampered chef frosting decorater and filled it with the
cream cheese mixture. You could also use a sandwich bag or even a spoon.
Whatever you choose to do, you just need to place a generous amount of
the mixture on the cookies.

You don't want to smash them together to squish out all the
cream cheese. Put them together and enjoy!
Try not to eat them all in one sitting!
Can I say it one more time......DELICIOUS!

6 comments:

  1. KC, I made this recipe last night...delicious! Cory keeps asking me if I'm baking for the entire neighborhood because I've made so much. I have a question on the icing with powedered sugar. Mine never comes out white or stiff like yours looks in the pictures. Any secrets I should know of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is too runny, you could always add more powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want, but don't add too much, because then it would be too sugary. I mix mine together with a hand mixer. I don't know that the cream cheese is supposed to be stiff either, just more thick. I have NO IDEA why it wouldn't be white...quit putting food coloring in it!!! If you have any other questions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe. I used to have them all the time when I was a kid and then I never could find it again. Thanks for posting it, I'll be sure to make some up for my sweet daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious. The best cookies ever!

    ReplyDelete

Does it look good? Did you try it? Do tell!